As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you will open the hearts and minds of all of your students and fellow divers by sharing the beauty of nature’s creation. In addition to sharing your love of the underwater world, you are an advocate for its protection and preservation. PADI Instructor develop more than just good divers, they influence live, attitudes, and the future of the aquatic realm and all its amazing inhabitants.
Phangan International Diving School (PIDS) offers monthly PADI Instructor Development Courses (PADI IDCs).
Conducted by the region’s most passionate and professional instructor development team, we provide the highest quality PADI instructor development training available anywhere. At PIDS, having our instructor candidates pass the instructor exam is not a goal. Passing the exam is simply one step along the way to making you one of the world’s best PADI professionals. Get started today and get a life you will love as a PADI Instructor!
Our PIDS Instructor Development Course is 14 days; that’s twice as long as the industry standard.
What Is included:
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
The pack includes the following:
• PADI IDC Materials
• PADI Backpack
• PADI Guide to Teaching (Paper version & CD-Rom)
• Diving Knowledge Workbook
• PADI Quizzes & Exam Booklets (Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster)
• PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual (CD-Rom)
• Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Outline
• PADI Open Water Course Prescriptive Lesson Guides (CD-Rom)
• Positive Approach Selling (DVD)
• Dive Lesson Planning Slates (Confined and Open Water)
• Open Water, Advanced, Rescue Diver, Divemaster course Instructor Cue Cards
• Hologram Decal
• EFR Manual
1. PADI Instructor Application fee is $261 AUS
2. Instructor Examination fee $825 AUS
3. EFR Instructor Application fee is $180 AUS
4. O2 Provider Instructor Application fee is $103 AUS
5. Enriched Air (Nitrox) Instructor Application fee is $103 AUS
- PADI Divemaster certification, or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives
- Certified diver for six months.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
Next step: Master Scuba Diver Trainer
Phangan International Diving School IDC:
Since 2006 PIDS has been the most popular Dive Center on Koh Phangan. We have maintained the most successful pass rate, year in, year out. Our graduates are able easily find jobs in our region and around the world due to the quality of their training, and the job placement programs we offer to every IDC graduate. Many of our IDC Candidates have a job lined up before their Instructor application is even approved.
We also offer a full range of Instructor Internships programs from IDC up to Master Instructor allowing you to teach a wide range of PADI Specialty courses as well as gain important real life teaching experience. This increases your employment opportunities as a dive professional, and helps to move you towards your ultimate goals, however high those may be.
Two steps to become Instructors:
You will learn the latest business & marketing trends in the dive industry, and learn how to create a successful business plan. You will look at environmental concerns, and make sure you have the necessary understanding of PADI standards and risk management needed by today’s diving professionals.
Once the IDC is completed you will be examined by PADI’s external examiners to make sure you meet all the required standards with PADI, in the 2 day PADI Instructor Examination.